This article gives you the step-by-step guide on how to resolve the issue where Netflix fails to broadcast to Chromecast.
- We have a Google Chromecast plugged into our HD TV.
- We use a Samsung Galaxy S4 to broadcast Netflix to watch shows on the big screen.
- We have multiple Netflix profiles (e.g. “Grown up” and “Kids”).
- From time to time, we’ve noticed that the Chromecast will fail to receive the “casting” from our Samsung Galaxy S4, especially when we switch from one Netflix profile to another.
- Casting any shows from the Samsung Galaxy S4 to Chromecast will just show an idled “Ready to cast” screen.
- On the Samsung Galaxy S4, bring up the Settings screen by touching the phone from the top edge and pressing downward.
- On the Settings screen, press “MORE” and then “Application manager”.
- Scroll down and look for “Netflix”.
- Now, press the CLEAR DATA button to remove any conflicting data that might have persisted.
- Return to the home page and launch the Netflix app. You will need to sign in again (since we’ve clear the app data).
- Now you should be able to cast your show on the big TV screen again.