Your laptop travels with you everywhere. It’s very easy to get scratches on your laptop’s lid even if you’re the most careful user. The scratches take away from the attractiveness and appearance of your laptop.
Good news! You can fix the scratches from a laptop’s lid using this tip.
Things You’ll Need:
- Water Bucket
- Warm water
- 1/4 cup of dishwashing soap
- 3 soft cloths
- Lint-free towel
- Plastic polish
- Mix 1/4 cup of dishwashing soap with warm water in a bucket. Dip a soft cloth into the bucket, and clean the laptop lid well; concentrate especially on removing dirt and debris from any scratches.
- Dry your laptop lid with a lint-free towel. Be sure to thoroughly dry the scratches.
- Apply plastic polish to a clean, soft cloth by pouring it on the cloth. (Warning: Do NOT apply plastic polish directly to the laptop lid!) Rub the cloth containing the plastic polish in a circular motion across the scratch. If the scratch is deep, begin polishing with a plastic polish marketed for deeper scratches, and work your way down to the next plastic polish until you finish with a fine plastic polish. For surface scratches, begin with the fine plastic polish.
- Keep rubbing the plastic polish into the scratch using a circular motion, and switch to an up-and-down motion as you finish polishing the scratch. Rub the polish into the scratch on the laptop lid until the lid has absorbed all the polish that remains on the cloth.
- Wipe all dried plastic polish off your laptop’s lid with a clean cloth, and inspect the lid to ensure the scratches are gone.
- Repeat this process until all the scratches on the laptop lid have been removed.